Anyone Can Talk is a book written by Stefan Wolfe, and is made for new podcasters who are early in their journey. Whether you are still considering possible podcast topics, or already have a growing show—the book is filled with practical advice to help you along.
If you want to make your podcasting experience easier, this work will be your perfect companion. Below is a masterlist of the hardware and downloadable material mentioned in the book.
To buy Anyone Can Talk, click here for a paperback copy, or here for the Ebook version.
Store links are included for your convenience; simply click the product you would like.
Yes—they are affiliate links.
Budget Dynamic Microphones (Need Interface)
Budget Dynamic Microphones (Don't Need Interface)
- Samsung Q9U
- Rode PodMic
- Audio-Technica ATR2100x (USB)
- Audio-Technica 20 Series AT2005 (USB)
- Samsung Q2U
Budget Condenser Microphones (Need Interface)
- MXL-V67G Capsule Condenser
- MXL-990 Instrument Condenser
- Audio-Technica AT2020 Cardioid Condenser
- Tascam TM-80 Condenser
- Behringer Studio Condenser (C1/B)
Budget Condenser Microphones (Don't Need Interface)
- Blue Yeti Nano USB (Model#: 988-000088*)
- Marantz Professional MPM-4000U
- MAONO AU-A04 Podcast Condenser
- Pyle PDMIKT200
- ZealSound K66 USB
Budget Voice Recorders
- Cloud CL-1 Cloudlifter (for 1 microphone)
- Cloud CL-2 Cloudlifter (for 2 microphones)
- Cloud CL-4 Cloudlifter (for 4 microphones)
Audio Interfaces For Mac (1-2 Microphones)
Audio Interfaces For Mac (More Than 2 Microphones)
* = significantly more expensive
Audio Interfaces For PC (Only 1 Microphone)
Audio Interfaces For PC (1-2 Microphones)
Audio Interfaces For PC (At Least Two Microphones)
EQ Presets for Different Voices
All of these were made by Josh Meyer (VoiceOverMaster on Youtube), and I am indebted to him for making my audio sound better.
For Men: Preset 1
How to use the EQ Preset on Audacity: